Wii Fit Plus With Balance Board Review: Should You Buy This Fitness Game?
Fitness games were relatively unheard of before the Wii Fit came along and changed everything. With its revolutionary balance board, Nintendo somehow managed to combine video games with getting fit! Since then, Wii Fit has been enhanced and added to with the release of Wii Fit Plus. But is it worth your time, money and effort?
What Do You Get With The Wii Fit Plus With Balance Board?
If you never bought the original Wii Fit and balance board then this is the package to get! You’ll get the game along with the revolutionary balance board that brought so many people into the new world of fitness gaming.
Some of the features of this package include:
* The balance board that can measure your movements and weight,
* The new improved Wii Fit Plus game,
* Four game categories: Aerobic, Balance, Yoga and Strength,
* Work with a personal trainer as you learn how to perform each exercise,
* As you improve and play for longer you’ll unlock new activities or increase the number of reps for each exercise,
* Wii Fit Plus brings several new features such as routines and specific areas of focus (see below).
How Does Wii Fit Plus Compare To The Original Wii Fit?
If you already have the original Wii Fit then you can get the upgrade simply by buying the software on its own without the balance board. This game does include the original content of the Wii Fit, but adds a whole other level of gameplay. Some of the new features include mixing and matching strength and yoga activities, and flowing exercises together seamlessly for an effective daily workout routine.
Other new features include:
* A much larger range of customization options,
* “My Routine” allows you to put together your own routines,
* “Favorites” is a collection of workouts you use the most,
* 15 new balance games,
* 6 new strength and yoga activities,
* Users can choose which area of health and fitness to focus on,
* See how many calories you’ve burned,
* New feature allows users to weigh their cats and dogs.
What Customers Are Saying About Wii Fit Plus
The product has received generally positive reviews, with customers noting how the new game has addressed many of the shortfalls of the original Wii Fit. With the original, while novel and fun, many would soon abandon it due to the lack of ability for seamless workouts and more control over which areas to work on. Customers have mentioned how they’re now a lot more motivated to continue exercising with the Wii Fit Plus day after day.
Some customers have complained that the new games are mostly added for fun, but will not have much effect when it comes to exercising. There are only 6 new strength and yoga games to help improve fitness. The customized workouts are by far the biggest improvement, but the main drawback of this is that they do not include the aerobic or balance activities.
When the original Wii Fit first made its way into stores it was all we had. However, since then fitness games have come a long way. Many people considered the original Wii Fit too basic to hold their interest, and the new Wii Fit Plus goes a long way to addressing those issues. If you don’t already own the balance board then there’s no reason to buy the old version over this new improved one. However, if you already own a balance board then it’s up to you to compare Wii Fit Plus to other fitness games on the market to find one that matches your aims and interests.