The Top 20 Daily Diet Health Tips
1. Breakfast is the most vital meal. It should not be missed in order to refuel
your body from funct ional metabo lic changes during long hours of sleep. It is
best to include carbohydrates, fats and proteins for an ideal nutrit ion such as
combinations of fresh fruits, bread toast and breakfast cereals with milk.
2. Maintain a well balanced diet for a healthy living. A well balanced diet is
eating different kinds of nutritious foods in proportion. It will boost your
energy and will improve your welfare. Excessive as well as deficiency of
specific vitamins and minerals can also cause undesirable effects to your
3. Be conscious on how much salt you take in during snacks and meals. The
t able salt is sodium chloride which is widely used as flavor enhancer. High
sodium intake is a risk factor for diseases like high blood, heartburn,
osteoporosis and other cardiovascular diseases. Limit sodium intake by just
reducing your consumption of salty foods without taking the option of salt
4. Stay away from buffet or eat-all-you-can meals because it will possibly tempt
you to eat too much to get a fair value of what you have paid. Otherwise, you
can go for nutritious foods such as fresh fruits, vegetable salads and low fat
foods. Stand firm and resist your craving to refill your plate for the second
5. Limit intake of processed foods as in canned goods, refrigerated and dried
foods. The food processing alters the natural components of the foods which
make it less beneficial to the body. The use of chemicals to preserve, control
and enhance the flavor can be more damaging to the systems of the body than
enhancing healt h.
6. Consider eating whole foods. Whole foods are nutritious foods having its
natural compounds intact. It is neither processed nor refined. It does not
contain added chemicals such as flavorings, preservat ives and other
ingredients. Start eating whole foods by adding slices of fresh fruits and
vegetables to each and every meal.
7. The best and healthy way of preparing poultry for a meal is to remove the
visible skin and fats prior to cooking. Roast, bake or broil poultry instead of
deep frying to prevent oil absorption. Among the parts, the chicken breasts
contain high protein and low fat which make it the better choice cuts.
8. Water is vital to sustain a healthy life. It is recommended to drink at least 8
ounces of 8 glasses of water every day. It aids the cells, tissues and organs to
function normally. Body water deficit or dehydration can cause serious
damage to kidneys and other organs which may result to mental confusion,
coma and even death if not given medical intervention immediately.
9. Maintain a low fat diet. Foods that are naturally low in fats are fruits,
vegetables, beans and grains. Make sure to check the product labels you buy
from the market. Fat content label per serving should not be greater than 2 to
3 grams. It is best to choose fat content of 1 gram of fat per 100 calories.
10. Supplement your body wit h iron nutrition. Iron can only be taken from food
sources such as red meats, fish, poultry, cereals, leafy vegetables and raisins.
It serves as a fuel to energize our body by helping in red blood cells
production. Take iron-rich foods with Vitamin C for an effect ive iron
11. Eat banana for breakfast is an effective weight loss plan known as Miracle
Morning Banana Diet. In this diet plan, all you need is to eat banana for
breakfast; drink adequate water; no more eating after 8:00 PM and sleep
before midnight. It is proven to be effective since bananas increase
12. Include high-fiber foods in your diet plan. It is a simple means to maintain
healt h and physical fit ness. High-fiber foods can be found in whole foods
such as fruits, legumes, nuts, grains and vegetables. Fiber contents can help
enhance your energy and will keep you away from diseases such as
13. Carbohydrates do not increase weight. It is not advisable to cut down
carbohydrates intake because it is the primary food source of energy and
contains low fat. The side dishes eaten with rice and the spreads placed in the
sandwiches are the ones that need to be limited if losing weight is your goal.
14. Treat yourself for a non-fat yogurt and combine it with your favorite fruit
slices. Dairy products such as yogurt are naturally rich in Calcium to
strengthen bones and vitamin A which plays a great role in making our skin
beautiful. Non-fat yogurt also contains friendly bacteria known as probiotics
to enhance digestive processes.
15. Drink orange juice or eat orange every day. Citrus fruits are high in Vitamin
C that can enhance our immune system which improves our resistance to
infect ion. It also facilitates in the absorption of iron for the prevent ion of
anemia. Other sources of vitamin C include berries, tomatoes, kiwi and green
16. Enjoy eating steamed oysters. Oysters are rich in zinc. Zinc is needed for the
production of cells and repair of tissues. It also helps in the normal
funct ioning of the immune system and the reproductive system. Zinc can also
be found in other food sources such as beef and pork.
17. To have a brighter and healthier eye, eat foods rich with vitamins A, C, E,
beta-carotene and lutein. These are all antioxidants that can decrease your risk
of eye problems especially the age-related macular degeneration which can
cause blindness as you grow old. It can all be taken from green leafy
18. Don’t eat if you are not hungry. It will cause you a lot of weight. The
moment you feel hungry, drink water because sometimes we respond to our
thirst by eating. After drinking and you still feel the same way, eat but don’t
overdo it. It slowly and enjoy your food without adding any more foods to
19. Control yourself from eating too much during holidays and parties. Foods
prepared can be very mouth watery but you need to resist it by staying away
from the preparation. As much as possible, set in your mind that you need to
eat only nutritious foods at a non excessive amount.
20. Be conscious of what you are drinking. Sodas, coffee, energy drink and
alcohol drinks contain a lot of calories. It concentrates more on making your
belly fats bigger. When you feel thirsty, the cheapest and most helpful for
your body is to grab a glass of water or diluted freshly squeezed juice instead.